Monday, April 26, 2010
Three course brunch at the revolving restaurant/Space Needle, Seattle. The bright natural light up there made for great food photography. I had:the smoked salmon tart, stuffed chicken with roasted veggies, and huckleberry cheesecake He had:the clam chowder, prime rib and mashed potatoes, and strawberry rhubarb crumble.
Pardon the ridiculous mess i made, and the fact that i forgot to photograph the 6th slider, but I got hungry. Inspired by hungry boy Kevin, I decided to use his appetite as a tasting ground for 6 new burger creations. Here they are in order of deliciousness according to Kev.
1. All beef, green onion and old Cheddar. topped with classic cheese, lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mustard.
2. Thai hot sauce and garlic. topped with hoisen, honey, sesame seeds and lettuce.
3. breaded pork Burger. topped with lemon honey mustard, lettuce, and Havarti cheese
4. Pesto and three cheese blend (Havarti, old Cheddar, Parmesan) topped with pesto mayo.
5. Mediterranean beef and pork burger with red onion, red pepper, and Havarti. topped with Greek salad.
6. herbbed beef and pork burger (cilantro, parsley, lots of rosemary), topped with lettuce and honey mustard.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
This meal gets the rainbow badge. colourful and bright, this spread had all food groups covered, curbed all cravings, and left a light bright shinny feeling inside my belly! Plus, the salad was so big there was enough for lunch the next day!!! loving spring and the encouragement to eat healthy that it brings..
poached fresh wild sole in water. steamed spinach. and freshly made avocado/tomato salsa with cilantro and green onion. No fat added, this dish was bright and light, but had us eating peanut butter sandwiches shortly after. hahahaha. a lovely dish, but would have been more complete with some sort of rice or starch. next time perhaps some mashed sweet potatoes? yum.