Saturday, October 3, 2009
Pronounced "keen-wa" , this miracle whole grain has more good press then brown rice. It's full of protein and iron and comes equipped with a bite/crunch/pop of goodness. Make sure to rinse the grain before boiling, and be sure not to over cook or it will turn to mush! have fun. This variety mixed two colours inside one box....a lovely change from traditional quinoa.
1. sautee veggies and goodies that you love
2. add suggested water and quinoa (according to box & cooking insructions)
3. let simmer and absorb all your favourite flavours
4. serve in a pretty dish.
5. enjoy...it's good for you
From the same batch of ground chicken below, I also created 24 little meatballs for a spaghetti dinner a few days from now. I simply rolled out these itsy bitsy balls and seared them, thus making them ready to plop into a tomato sauce for another meal during the week. so lovely...
from 2 packages of ground chicken, I made 1 chicken meatloaf and 24 mini chicken meatballs....which worked itself out for two easy and budget friendly dinners.
1. 2 packages ground chicken
2. add sauteed veggies (spinach, red peppers, onions, etc)
3. add 2 eggs and 1 cup bread crumbs
4. salt and pepper of course
5. spread half the mixture into a small meatloaf baking dish lined with parchment paper