Thursday, August 13, 2009
I've seen this little wanton cups EVERYWHERE.... so by no means did I come up with this concept. Regardless, I was delighted to discover how easy this task was, even though they look like beautifully crafted florets. These little guys will definitely be served up as an appetizer at the next party I host.
1. pre-bake wanton sheets in muffin tray for 10 minutes (I used a MINI muffin tray and I brushed it with olive oil first).
2. also....lightly brush the tops of wanton sheets to help brown the edges
3. bake for about 7-9 minutes @400.
4. When golden brown, stuff wanton cups with filling of your choice
(note: if using meat, make sure it's cooked at this point)
5. throw back into the oven for 5 minutes.
filling: sauteed in olive oil: onions, chili, fresh ginger, fresh herbs, orange and red peppers, Chinese cabbage, spinach & arugula, 1 diced Roma tomato, sesame seeds, S&P.
yum. crunch. serve with a mixed green salad, or as bite size appetizers.