Tuesday, March 31, 2009
1. thinly slice any kind of potato you have (feel free to mix, or add sweet potato)
2. shred old Cheddar and fresh Parmesan cheese
3. chop fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
4. layer potatoes and add cheese whenever you feel like it
5. fill the gaps with liquid (*2 cups milk, juice from 1 lemon, and chopped parsley)
6. top with a few crumbles of butter and bread crumbs to give a golden crispy top
7. bake at 400 so that the milk is boiling and softening the potatoes for about 30 min.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
lay mango, asparagus, red peppers and avocado down first. Then add vermicelli noodles and herbs (this was a mix of cilantro, lemon juice, chili flakes, and rice wine vinegar). Next, fold over the sides to keep all the goodies from falling out. Lastly, roll everything into a tight little package and set aside.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
I created this little Asian fusion bowl trio to bring to a friends party, but it stayed behind wrapped up in the fridge, and my family got to it the next day. Bowl number 1: a buckwheat soba noodle salad (can you believe they take 4 minutes to boil????) with sesame seeds, fresh lime juice, chillies, cilantro and red peppers. Bowl number 2: vermicelli noodles garnished with soya sauce, lime juice, chillies, red pepper, and freshly grated ginger. and bowl number 3: best appetizer and party pleaser *edamame. yummy!